1. Board of Governors
Four members appointed by the Mongolian Government entity in charge of education:
- Mr. Ganbaatar Jadamba, representing: Ministry of Education and Science;
- Dr. Doljin Sodnom, representing: Ministry of Education and Science;
- Mr. Tsengeg Mijiddorj, representing: Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Mr. Batkhuu Idesh, representing: Ministry of Finance.
Three members appointed by the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany:
- Ambassador Jörn Rosenberg, representing: Federal Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany (AA);
- Mr. Udo Weber, representing: Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ);
- Dr. Markus Utsch, representing: Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi).
Three members appointed by the Rectorate:
- Prof. Dr. Peter Schulte (Vice-Chair), former Rector in Germany;
- Prof. Dr. Manfred Hampe, Professor Emeritus TU Darmstadt, Germany;
- Mrs. Shinebayar Chimedtseren, former Member of the GMIT Founding Committee;
- Dr. Sumiyabaatar Ulzii-Orshikh, Governor of Bayangol district.
- Prof. Dr. Enkhzaya Chuluunbaatar, GMIT Professor and Program Coordinator;
- Prof. Dr. habil. Daniel Karthe, former GMIT Vice-Rector for Research;
- Bolor-Erdene Ochirbold, GMIT Graduate.
According to academic autonomy, GMIT has the following committees:
- Education Committee
- Research Committee
- Admission Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- Internship Committee
- Examination Board
- Property Protection Standing Committee
- Occupational Health and Safety Council
- Ethics Committee
- Quality Steering Committee
- Internal Monitoring Team
The Rectorate manages the University and its operations. It discusses and decides on all matters related to GMIT’s academic, administrative and financial development, for which it is authorized by this Statute of the German-Mongolian Institute for Resources and Technology (GMIT). The Rectorate is constituted by the Rector of GMIT, the Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs, the Vice-Rector for Research, and the Vice-Rector for Finance and Administration. It has core responsibilities such as to develop GMIT’s development strategy and policies, as well as its long-term and medium-term operational planning in the fields of teaching and research, administration, and finance and for their implementation. The GMIT Rectorate ensures that teaching and learning at GMIT adheres to the standards and rules as defined in the European Higher Education Area, and that research and development are committed to high quality by taking on other rights and responsibilities as defined by law.
- Prof. Battsengel Baatar, Rector of GMIT. Prof. Battsengel joined GMIT as Professor of Chemistry in 2013, and was promoted to Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs in 2017. In December 2019, she became Rector of the German-Mongolian Institute for Resources and Technology. Prof. Battsengel holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry, awarded by the renowned RWTH University, Aachen (Germany).
- Prof. Dr. Altangerel Lkhamsuren, Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs. Prof. Altangerel joined GMIT as Professor of Mathematics in 2013, and was promoted to Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics, Computers and Natural Sciences in 2015. In December 2019, he became Vice-Rector for Education of the German-Mongolian Institute for Resources and Technology. Prof. Altangerel holds a Ph.D. in Mathematics, awarded by the Chemnitz University of Technology (Germany)
- Mr. Enkhbayar Bold, MBA, Vice-Rector for Finance and Administration. Enkhbayar Bold joined GMIT as Associate to Business and Industrial Relations, and was appointed as Vice-Rector for Finance and Administration in June 2019. He obtained his MBA from Lincoln University, CA, USA, and has a proven administration track record.
- Prof. Dr. Bayanmunkh Myagmarsuren, Dean - Faculty of Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Battulga Nasanjargal, Dean - Faculty of Mathematics, Computer and Natural Science
- Mrs. Batsuren Bishbat, Head of the Language & Didactic Center
5. Monitoring: Diversity Liaison Officer, and Internal Audit Team
The German-Mongolian Institute for Resources and Technology (GMIT) is committed to the objective of a gender equal university, and promotes diversity and gender equality. GMIT welcomes students, employees and guests from all national, ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds, regardless of their sexual orientation. Diversity and gender equality - as anchored in the Statute of GMIT - is filled with life since implementing the position of a Diversity Liaison Officer in 2017.
- Diversity Liaison Officer
The Diversity Liaison Officer is in charge of three main duties:
- to ensure gender mainstreaming through the student recruitment process and the staff management is in line with gender equality;
- to report to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports on gender analysis including equal opportunities in main process (faculties, departments and research);
- to advise the Academic Senate, the Scholarship Committee, and the Ethics Committee according equal opportunities of men and women.
Alike the Diversity Liaison Officer, the role of the Internal Monitoring Officer is cross-functional as well.
- Munkhzul Tserendulam, Internal Monitoring Officer
The Internal Monitoring Officer is conducting quality, legal, health & safety, and administrative tasks, and is in charge of three main duties:
- to ensure that the Quality Management System processes are established, implemented and maintained, and that Internal Audits are conducted according Annual Audit Plan, incl. Management Review Meetings;
- to report to the Board of Governors on QMS performance and where improvements are needed;
- to ensure that everyone at GMIT is aware of quality requirements (quality of degree programs, quality of research activities, and quality of administrative support processes).
Read more about our profile and our achievements. Are you looking for contact information, then have a look on our academic staff page, or contact us directly. Do you want an interesting and challening job at our vibrant campus? Please go to our job vacancy page. If you are looking for a fitting study program, then check-out: Studies at GMIT. Thank you.